
Lord, You have revealed God as a God of love, committed to us unworthy human beings. You proved Your love when You offered the utmost sacrifice possible, when You died for us, on the Cross. Help me to go beyond the common understanding of love and learn from You in my relationship with others. - Kerygma
Hi everyone, hope all is well and safe.
The two devastating typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng have brought havoc and total devastation of many properties and most especially lives in many places in the Philippines and in some parts of the world, too.
In this time of trials, all peoples of the world have again manifested the real passion of love and service. God's love is so overwhelming that we can only sing for joy and utter words of gratitude to HIM for all the goodness HE has done inspite and despite of.....
I have seen everyone taking initiative to gather all help that they can to reach out to those in need particularly those who are victims of typhoons...I can't say no more. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
On the other hand, life must go on. Life is simpler with simple goals and desire.
In the seminar yesterday with Fr. Mark Beluso, on our on-going formation as lectors and commentators of our church, "Faithfulness in Christ, Faithfulness in the Liturgical Ministry" as our theme leads us, I learned many things. I have to set aside the thought that the world is in my shoulder because of what's happening around. I mean, typhoons, lost of lives and friends, death in the family, nephew in the hospital, more projects to be fulfilled, etc...
The scriptures Reading: 1 Peter 4:10-11a says, "As generous distributors of God's manifold grace, put your gifts at the service of one another, each in the measure he has received. The one who speaks is to deliver God's message. The one who serves is tod it with the strength provided by God. Thus, in all of you God is to be glorified through Jesus Christ."
I say it again, "Put your gifts at the service of one another, each in the measure he has received." Wow, God spoke to me at the very moment. I know I have my limitations and yet, you feel like you want to solve the whole world's problem...ah eh..we call "problem" recently, "concerns", it sounds positive hehehe..okey..yes, I would always think of myself as "wonder woman" that I would interfere in all dealings to really reach out and help out. At the end of the day, when nothing is done yet, you get frustrated. But I have this principle in life that I need to do something good everyday- ONE RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS. Otherwise, I will not sleep in peace. Well, this is my freedom...
That one ACT OF RANDOM KINDNESS everyday of my life keeps me going. Life couldn't be better. I can be alone but not lonely. I thought, everybody loves me and that whatever I do everyday, It would always be for the glory of God.
Thus, every person, through these gifts given to him, is at once the witness and the living instrument of hte mission of the Church itself according to the measure of Christ's bestowal. {CCC, no 913}
Thank you Father Mark for the wisdom and God bless you all, our dear priests and we pray that God will continue to give you all strength and wisdom, too, to be faithful to your vocation.
"I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I acted and behold, service was joy."
Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)
No comments:
Post a Comment