Monday, May 11, 2009

RED CROSS - THANK YOU!

We often think making a difference means doing something grand to create an impact. But we can still do small things to achieve our purpose and can make a difference in our own simple way and in our own sphere of influence and help bring about the change in our country.

I remember the above passage in some magazines or books that I read long time ago.

As I was walking towards another Barangay to visit my relatives this afternoon, there was this old woman who came up straight to me smiling, hugged and kissed me saying "thank you, dear."
I thought, what was it for? And so the woman started talking to me that I was instrumental in giving her a new house after typhoon Frank last June 21, 2008. She ushered me the way to her house and showed me the newly built simple house donated by International Red Cross complete with a toilet.

The happiness in her heart was overwhelming that I, too, was very happy and she indeed made my day for showing me the blessings she received. A NEW HOME. It was the joy in our hearts together that made my day complete, as if it was not enough, it was also a joy to see my nephews, nieces, and relatives all together afterwards. I was a bit late in the gathering and told them that I have detoured my way for a little while and came to this woman's house as she was excitedly dragging me to see it hehehe

There were many blessings in one day and all of these are not material things ..this is the SMILE we put in the different faces of the people in our community.
Sometimes we take for granted the small little ways that we do for other people. I have even forgotten I have truly helped the old woman get a new home. She reminded me of the people who also was instrumental in facilitating our request for her. Thank you to Joe of Red Cross and my good friend and supporter Toto Cua Locsin of International Red Cross, too. Will post some pics next time. The new home was provided for indigent families who lost their house/s during typhoon Frank last June 21, 2008.

It was earlier in the day also that we have finally fulfilled our mission for Mang Elio and made him smiling when we left him.

What else can I ask more today? Except to thank the Lord and give HIM all the thanksgiving and glory. To bless more the people around me who blessed me with true kindred spirit and kindness in their heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment